International Students

The first step is getting a visa.

F-1 Visa/I-20

The F-1 visa is a student visa issued by the US Department of State.  Most international students need an F-1 visa in order to study in the U.S.  The most accurate F-1 visa information can be found at the website of the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at, or the U.S. Embassies in your country.

Form I-20, the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, is a document issued by SEVP-approved schools and allows foreign students to attend a full course of study.  To be qualified for an I-20 form from Touro College Los Angeles, you must:

  • Be fully accepted by the program
  • Demonstrate proficiency in the English language with TOEFL, IETS, PTE Academic, or other appropriate test scores, certificates, or transcripts
  • Submit a copy of your passport and proof of sufficient financial support for tuition, fees, and living expenses
  • Provide foreign residence and mailing address information

You will be required to submit a copy of a letter of full acceptance to TCLA, copy of your passport, proof of English proficiency, foreign resident address, and proof of financial support to the PDSO for I-20 issuance purposes.  If you are a transfer student, you will be required to submit additional documents.


Rivka Weinberg
Registrar & PDSO
(323) 822-9700 x85152