More than ever, the business world demands leaders and innovators.
That’s why our Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Administration prepares students to advance in entrepreneurship and management.
At TCLA, we equip students with a holistic education that is specifically designed to meet the needs of the modern business environment.
What You’ll Learn
To earn the Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Administration, you will take courses in all essential areas of business, including accounting and finance, economics, management and marketing. We also require courses in business law and policy, ethics, and computer concepts. You’ll get a firm foundation in practical, as well theoretical aspects of business.
Not only will you develop a strong foundation in business fundamentals, you will learn how businesses have adapted their practices for the connected global market. You will learn how to apply skills in general management, critical thinking, logic, communication, and problem solving to workplace challenges, as well as how to make evidence-based decisions that address challenging issues facing organizational leaders in our region and global environment.
Your TCLA education will prepare you to pursue an advanced degree in business or to enter the workforce with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to succeed.
Our coursework is carefully structured to give you the skills to:
- be able to demonstrate an understanding of the managerial role of planning, organizing, leading and controlling
- understand development and implementation of a SWOT Analysis in a variety of organizational settings
- demonstrate an understanding of the importance of attracting, developing and retaining a high quality and diverse workforce
- describe the role and strategies of marketing in organizations
- identify ethical and legal issues in managing organizations
- use online databases to conduct research on managing and trends in organizations
- use communication skills for managers that foster teamwork in an organization
- display fundamental knowledge of finance and budgeting in various organizations and use it to make informed decisions about the operating performance and financial position of a company